Birth – Kindergarten
Partnering with parents to capture the hearts of our preschoolers for Jesus!
Objective: for preschoolers to realize:
- God made them
- God loves them
- Jesus is their friend
Our strategy to accomplish this:
- Teach basic truths through active learning.
- Provide a safe, clean, loving, nurturing environment where basic needs are met and parents can feel secure about leaving their child in our care.
- Training new parents.
- Training for parents and preschool teachers throughout each year.
- Nurture families by providing childcare and family-oriented activities throughout the year.
- Encourage consistent feedback from parents and preschool teachers to ensure we are meeting our vision, objectives and strategies.
Preschool Park is the core ministry in the teaching of preschoolers at Wedgwood.
Sunday Morning Bible Study
Preschool on Sunday will help preschoolers:
- Learn that God loves them
- Learn that God created them special
- Learn that God gives us the bible to teach us about Him
- Give them experience in a social environment with other children their age
- The Worship Service begins at 9:00 a.m. Preschool children can be checked in at 8:30 a.m. Please enter through the East Entrance across that faces Bruce Shulkey Elementary.
- Sunday Groups (Missional Community group times are after the morning service.
- Children are placed in classes according to their birthdate on or before September 1 of each year. This allows children to stay with their own age group when they promote from kindergarten to 1st grade and Children’s Ministry.
- Classes are led by 1 adult Lead Teacher and 1 adult Helper along with youth/student volunteers on a rotation basis.
Sunday Preschool Park utilizes TRU Curriculum. TRU curriculum takes our preschoolers on a chronological journey through scripture. It is a 3 year study plan and children will see how the Bible is not a series of unrelated stories, but one big story about God’s plan for salvation. We utilize this curriculum to better help parents to have discipleship discussions with their children regarding the scripture being studied.
Wednesday P.M. Preschool Activities
Wednesday preschool activities will help preschoolers:
- Learn about their church, community, feelings, God’s creation, Bible times with a missions emphasis and bible skill taught each week as well.
- TRU – 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. – Ages 3 and up
- Child Care – 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. – Ages 2 – and under – Bible Story and activities
- TRU – This curriculum balances high-energy activities and games with high-impact Bible lessons, mission studies and life application for discipleship.
- Ages 2 and under – provide Bible story lesson and activities age appropriate