Church at Home
Latest Updates as of June 6, 2020
- Our service on Sundays on campus and online will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- There are a few changes this week on the update video as far as doors and rooms. The Welcome Back Video will contradict what is said in the update, but the update is correct for this Sunday.
- SCROLL DOWN to check out the Welcome Back video, guidelines to follow, and door entrances. Again, a reminder, our services will begin at 9:30 a.m. and doors will open at 9:00 a.m.
- SCROLL DOWN to the end of the page to see the latest Patrick and Casey video.
- Please pray every day next week for Casey and Julie as they lead Sports and Fine Arts Camp Home Addition.
- Senior Recognition is tomorrow Sunday, June 7.
- Our offices are open Mondays-Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Fridays 8 a.m. until noon.
- Interested in a Missional Community (small group)?
If you would like more information on how to connect, email Associate Pastor, Aaron Lynn, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Psalm 56:3-4 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?
Dale's Update 6/1/2020
Welcome Back Video
Entrances and Exits During Renovation
Because of construction and for the safety of Wedgwood’s members and attenders, the following will be a guide to entering and exiting the building during construction.
- The West Entrance by the offices and South Entrance by the flag pole will not be accessible to be used on Sundays or Wednesdays for entering or exiting the church building.
- To enter the office on weekdays during office hours, as always will require calling the receptionist by pushing the button to the left of the West Entrance doors. Someone will meet you at the Resource Door to your left when facing the building. The office hours are Mondays-Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. until 12 Noon.
- Access to the Youth area will be through the Youth Entrance on the south side only.
- Access to the library will be the East entrance only.
- The North Entrance by the gym and the East Entrance across from Bruce Shulkey Elementary will be open on Sundays.
- The check-in area for preschool and children will be held at the East Entrance only. All other entrances to preschool and children will not be accessible. (This goes into place when preschool/children Sunday School resumes.)
Things to know:
- The Worship Center will not be accessible during the remodel construction.
- The hallways surrounding the Worship Center area will not be accessible during the remodel construction.
- The doors will be locked and covered to prevent access. For your safety, please do not enter.
- For a map of entrances/exits click here: entrances-and-foot-traffic-pattern-map
Our Weekly Schedule
Missional Community Zooms and small groups begin at various times after the service. If you are not connected to a particular community, contact Aaron Lynn and he will assist in getting you connected. email@example.com
Each week’s Sunday lesson is available to download from our Teaching Materials page.
Miss a Sunday morning? Go to the Sermon Archives
6:00 p.m. – Breakaway Student Worship on campus
What you can do
Tithes and Offerings
Giving online or mailing in your tithe can be a challenge emotionally and spiritually, but it is the main way the church can continue to receive the tithes that Wedgwood has been faithful in giving. Here is how it works:
- Offering boxes will be provided on Sundays where you can drop your offering.
- Give online
- Give directly via your bank’s billpay system. If the church address is required, see below.
- Mail your tithe and offering to the church.
Wedgwood Baptist Church
5522 Whitman Ave
Fort Worth, TX, 76133
Pray and Study the Word
- Allocate time at home to pray and read the Word of God. We are called to cast our anxieties upon the Lord. 1 Peter 5:7
- Download our Sunday Morning lessons for all ages here.
Connect with Your Missional Communities
Stay connected with your small group via email, text, whatsapp, social media, zoom, and phone calls.
Watch out for one another. Bear each other’s burdens.
Take Care of Yourself and Your Family
- Exercise. Take required allergy medications and enjoy a walk outside. Give God praise for this lovely weather.
- Set aside time each day to shut down screens and devices.
- Limit time on social media.
Help Your Community
Look for those in your neighborhood who are without support and need help during times like these. Pray asking God to show you who He is calling you to minister to.
Connections and Resources
Aaron Lynn will be posting updates and resources via updates on the Adult Ministry Page.
Children and Preschool
Check this page for this week:
Wedgkids Resource Page for information, updates and resources from Casey Williams, Preschool and Children’s Minister.
Casey is currently texting out The Homefront Weekly with weekly prayer and Bible study topics for parents to share with their families at home. If you aren’t receiving these texts, and would like to, contact him to be added to the list.
Patrick and Casey June 5 Church At Home Video
To stay informed, regularly check WhatsApp, subscribe and turn on notifications for the Wedgwood Baptist Church YouTube channel, and download the Zoom app on your phones, tablets or computers.
Information about setting up the Zoom app has been posted to WhatsApp. A Zoom tutorial for small group leaders is here.
Contact Jay Fannin if you are not currently added to the WhatsApp groups for parents and specific grade levels.
Check out this song on YouTube “Fathers Child” by Planetshakers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=warWHJuRoBo&t=172s