Church at Home
What We’re Doing
President Trump has extended the Stay at Home (Shelter at Home) through the end of April. In light of the limitations, please continue to check often on what is new on this page.
Here’s how we continue to comply:
- Continue our 40-days of prayer program currently being distributed via email, texting, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter through April 12, 2020.
- Regular Sunday Services online at 10:00 a.m. through YouTube and Facebook.
- Wednesday night worship at 6:00 p.m. from our Student Ministry on YouTube
- Wedgkids Wednesday video on Youtube
- EASTER AT HOME! Good Friday Service April 10, 6:00 p.m. and Easter Morning Service April 12, 10:00 a.m.
As we face this we have to remember that God is still in control. We are asking everyone to pray for wisdom and clarity. Philippians 4:8 (Think upon these things.)
Latest Updates as of April 3, 2020
- Scroll to the end of this page to listen to a special message from Dr. Dan Crawford. You can also view this on Facebook or YouTube. (TAKE NOTE: YouTube has a 2 minute countdown from start time before you see it appear.)
- Stay-at-Home order is now through April 30, 2020.
- We do have an exemption in order to record our Wednesday and Sunday services.
- No Drive-Thru food service is available at the church
- The Sunday morning service on Facebook and YouTube begins at 10:00 a.m. (TAKE NOTE: YouTube has a 2 minute countdown from start time before you see it appear.)
- Our full service will be aired on Facebook and YouTube.
- The message will be archived each week on our Sermon page and Facebook.
- Missional Community and all meetings will not be held on the campus of Wedgwood Baptist until further notice.
- Missional Communities are encouraged to use Zoom. The free account says 40 minutes but at this time Zoom is not holding people to that.
- This is a tutorial for Zoom, and also a way to protect form unwanted intruders to your Zoom meeting. Click on this link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUb9BIUa-HU
- We are currently working on resources and events for Easter at Home. There will be a page launched April 5 for Easter week.
- The office will stay closed at least through April 30. All tithes and offerings either need to be given online at wedgwoodbc.org/give or mailed into our office at 5522 Whitman Ave. Fort Worth, TX 76133.
Our Weekly Schedule
Each week’s Sunday lesson is available to download from our Teaching Materials page.
Miss a Sunday morning? Go to the Sermon Archives
6:00 p.m. – Bible Study and Worship led by the Student Ministry via Youtube
7:00 p.m. – Student Small Group Discipleship via Zoom. Check the Parent and Student WhatsApp feed for more information
Watch Sundays via Facebook or YouTube
There are two easy options to watch the Sunday morning Worship Service.
- Watch on the Wedgwood YouTube Channel. The live feed will appear at the top of the page.
- Watch via the Wedgwood Facebook Account. Make sure you have liked, followed, and turned on notifications.
NOTE: The service will be available to watch at 10:00 a.m. Please make every effort to join us for this special online service. We will provide important updates regarding the ministry moving forward, and how we can be salt and light to our community.
What you can do
Pray and Study the Word
- Allocate time at home to pray and read the Word of God. We are called to cast our anxieties upon the Lord. 1 Peter 5:7
- Download our Sunday Morning lessons for all ages here.
Connect with Your Missional Communities
Stay connected with your small group via email, text, whatsapp, social media, zoom, and phone calls.
Watch out for one another. Bear each other’s burdens.
Take Care of Yourself and Your Family
- Exercise. Take required allergy medications and enjoy a walk outside. Give God praise for this lovely weather.
- Set aside time each day to shut down screens and devices.
- Limit time on social media.
Help Your Community
Look for those in your neighborhood who are without support and need help during times like these. Pray asking God to show you who He is calling you to minister to.
Share. Even your toilet paper.
Tithes and Offerings
During this season, we want to encourage our Wedgwood family to remain faithful in your financial support. Here is how you can do that:
- Give online
- Give directly via your bank’s billpay system. If the church address is required, see below.
- Mail your tithe and offering to the church.
Wedgwood Baptist Church
5522 Whitman Ave
Fort Worth, TX, 76133
Connections and Resources
Aaron Lynn will be posting updates and resources via updates on the Adult Ministry Page.
Children and Preschool
Check this page for this week:
Wedgkids Resource Page for information, updates and resources from Casey Williams, Preschool and Children’s Minister.
Casey is currently texting out The Homefront Weekly with weekly prayer and Bible study topics for parents to share with their families at home. If you aren’t receiving these texts, and would like to, contact him to be added to the list.
Watch Casey and Patrick present helpful tips to keep kids engaged in Bible study, prayer, and fun while we are all doing Church at Home.
Casey and Patrick
To stay informed, regularly check WhatsApp, subscribe and turn on notifications for the Wedgwood Baptist Church YouTube channel, and download the Zoom app on your phones, tablets or computers.
Information about setting up the Zoom app has been posted to WhatsApp. A Zoom tutorial for small group leaders is here.
Contact Jay Fannin if you are not currently added to the WhatsApp groups for parents and specific grade levels.