Church at Home
Latest Updates as of August 10, 2020
- Tarrant County has extended the mask in public order until the end of August. We ask that when on campus, please wear a mask covering both your nose and mouth. Refer to the campus guidelines.
- Scroll down to see the latest update.
- Scroll down to view the on campus guidelines.
- Missional Communities (small groups) will continue to meet over Zoom or off campus. Not connected to a Missional Community? Contact Aaron to receive more information on how to connect, email Associate Pastor, Aaron Lynn, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The library can be accessed through Room 110 for now and will only be opened immediately after the morning service.
- NOTE: Our offices are open Mondays-Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. until Noon.
Exodus 14:14 The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.
Dale's Weekly Update August 10 2020
Entrances and Exits During Renovation
Because of construction and for the safety of Wedgwood’s members and attenders, the following will be a guide to entering and exiting the building during construction.
- The West Entrance by the offices and South Entrance by the flag pole will not be accessible to be used on Sundays or Wednesdays for entering or exiting the church building.
- To enter the office on weekdays during office hours, as always will require calling the receptionist by pushing the button to the left of the West Entrance doors. The receptionist will buzz you in. The far left door in the set of doors to the west entrance will be the access door. The office hours are Mondays-Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. until 12 Noon.
- Library hours will only be after the morning service and access will be through Room 110 from inside the building.
- The North Entrance by the gym and the East Entrance across from Bruce Shulkey Elementary will be open on Sundays.
- The check-in area for preschool will be held at the East Entrance only. All other entrances to preschool and will not be accessible.
Things to know:
- The Worship Center will not be accessible during the remodel construction.
- The hallways surrounding the Worship Center area will not be accessible during the remodel construction.
- The doors will be locked and covered to prevent access. For your safety, please do not attempt to enter.
- For a map of entrances/exits click here: entrances-and-foot-traffic-pattern-map
What you can do
Tithes and Offerings
Giving online or mailing in your tithe can be a challenge emotionally and spiritually, but it is the main way the church can continue to receive the tithes that Wedgwood has been faithful in giving. Here is how it works:
- Offering boxes will be provided on Sundays where you can drop your offering.
- Give online
- Text “give” to 817.292.1400
- Give directly via your bank’s billpay system. If the church address is required, see below.
- Mail your tithe and offering to the church.
Wedgwood Baptist Church
5522 Whitman Ave
Fort Worth, TX, 76133
Pray for Renewal, Revival, and Awakening
- Renewal is when God works in a life of an individual
- Revival is when God works in the life of a local body
- Awakening is when God works in the life outside of that local body
Study the Word
- Download our Sunday Morning lessons for all ages here.
Connect with Your Missional Communities
- Stay connected with your small group via email, text, whatsapp, social media, zoom, and phone calls.
- Watch out for one another. Bear each other’s burdens.
Take Care of Yourself and Your Family
- Exercise. Take required allergy medications and enjoy a walk outside. Give God praise for this lovely weather.
- Set aside time each day to shut down screens and devices.
- Limit time on social media.
Help Your Community
Look for those in your neighborhood who are without support and need help during times like these. Pray asking God to show you who He is calling you to minister to.
Connections and Resources
Aaron Lynn will be posting updates and resources via updates on the Adult Ministry Page.
Children and Preschool
Check this page for WedgKid Resouces:
Wedgkids Resource Page for information, updates and resources from Casey Williams, Preschool and Children’s Minister.
Casey is currently texting out The Homefront Weekly with weekly prayer and Bible study topics for parents to share with their families at home. If you aren’t receiving these texts, and would like to, contact him at email@example.com to be added to the list.
Patrick and Casey July 17 Church At Home Video
To stay informed, regularly check WhatsApp, subscribe and turn on notifications for the Wedgwood Baptist Church YouTube channel, and download the Zoom app on your phones, tablets or computers.
Information about setting up the Zoom app has been posted to WhatsApp. A Zoom tutorial for small group leaders is here.
Contact Patrick Lively at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not currently added to the WhatsApp groups for parents and specific grade levels.