Parents & Leaders,
I hope your day is filled with encouragement and joy. This week has been one filled with all kinds of emotions. I have heard that many of our kids have been feeling sadness and nervousness over the last few days, weeks, & months. I encourage you to take time to get some ice cream and talk with your kids about where their thoughts are. Here are some questions recommended to me by Sissy Goff. She is a Christian counselor that helps kids through emotional trauma. I know you will use your own discretion in discussing these questions or if you discuss anything with your child.
I simply desire to give you resources to equip you, if you desire to have this conversation.
- Why do you think the recent events have been happening?
- Who do you think might be hurting?
- Who do you think might be afraid?
- Why do you think some people hurt others?
- How do you feel?
- How do you think Jesus feels about it?
- What do you think it means to be race conscious?(older children)
- What do you think the term “white privilege” means?(older children)
- What do you want to do to help?
This Sunday is Senior Recognition Sunday
I think it is going to be a great Sunday to celebrate these graduating seniors. If you are planning to remain at home for worship, there will be a planned time to pray for each senior. The camera will show all graduates. Jay & Patrick will also be leading the entire service. The theme for this Sunday is Joy in God’s Work from Philippians 1:3-11
Here are some application questions:
Re-Opening of WedgKids
June 21 & June 28, we will reopen the preschool hall for ministry during the Sunday morning worship time only.
We are asking parents to Pre-Register so that we can have things ready for how many desire to come.
Here is what we are doing to be provide a safe environment:
- Removing all items that can not be wiped down and sanitized
- Cleaning all carpets and floors
- Sanitizing all surfaces
- We plan to have older preschoolers use outside playground
- We plan for younger preschoolers to use inside playground
- Playgrounds will be sanitized after each ministry time
- Asking preschoolers to wash their hands with soap and water throughout the morning
The Future Dates:
July 5th, we plan to offer preschool ministry during the worship time and open WedgKids Bible study classes during the Missional Community time.
All Missional Communities are welcome to begin meeting on campus this morning. Each week we will be monitoring the safety and wellness of all individuals on campus.
If you would like to Pre-Register for Preschool Ministry for June 21 or June 28, text the word “Preschool” to 817.292.1400 or follow the link below:
Click Here to Pre-Register for Preschool
We are ready to have some fun throughout our hallways. We are excited to continue partnering with you in ministry.
Please contact Casey or Julie, if you have any questions or concerns about Re-Opening the Preschool and Children’s Ministy.